Thursday, September 25, 2014

Garden

We have really been utilizing our little back porch to grow lots of fun things! Ben and I even made some planters out of concrete, they turned out pretty cool. Every time Ben goes out of town I buy one more plant, and its getting a little crowded out there! :) We have plans when he gets home to build a BIG garden down below our deck where we can grow all sorts of things.

One of the planters we made
Side View

 
I didn't realize how many tomatoes this tree would produce. We've already eaten a few, so far I think I've counted a little more than 30!

Green Peppers
See that little pepper starting?!
Lime Tree!
Mint
Our friend Stacy (who normally lives here) had to go back to Florida for awhile and she gave us her plants. We have her rosemary, thyme and an orchid that we have sitting inside. I thought I killed her orchid the first time I was watching it, all the flowers started falling off. I felt terrible! Turns out they only bloom once a year :)

Snapdragons, my newest purchase
Here is a view of our porch. We have another planter hanging off that has basil and stevia...but they're not doing so hot. Inchworms took over that planter, and really did a number. Hoping they come back!
 

See that hummingbird feeder? It didn't take them long at all to find it. Every time I try to get a picture of one they fly away...one day!

  

And just because these were too pretty not to take home from the store!

3 comments:

  1. I love the concrete pot! You really have a great garden going and you'll be able to keep it year round. Wish I could do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - looks really good! our garden is growing too- hope to get the cucumber and peppers in before frost!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cool! I am a little concerned with the cement flower pots being left on the railing lol. that would be very scary if it was to fall lol ... love you :):)

    ReplyDelete